Citizen of Canada is a status granted to those who were born in Canada or who immigrated to Canada and petitioned for citizenship. Being a Canadian citizen helps you to fully identify with the Canadian people. being a Canadian citizen gives you;
- The right to vote.
- The right to live and work in Canada.
- The right to travel abroad with a Canadian passport.
- And the duty to obey Canadian laws.
How do I become a Canadian citizen?
Canadian citizenship can be applied for online via the Canadian government website. This option is often faster and easier than relying on postal services to deliver the application.
To apply, a citizenship profile must be created on the website, and it is also possible to apply as a family or group if invited to do so.
As of 2022, online applications will be open to families, minors, representatives applying on behalf of clients, and clients declaring residence outside of Canada as a crown servant or with a crown servant family member.
To apply for Canadian citizenship online, you need to:
- Create an online citizenship profile on the Canadian government website.
- You can also apply as a family or group by inviting or joining them via email or your online account.
- Read the instruction guide for applying online and prepare the required documents and forms.
- Scan or take a photo of your documents and forms and upload them to your online application.
- Pay your fees online using a valid credit card or Canadian debit card and upload your receipt.
How do I check your application status?
- First, log on to Canada.ca
- and click on the immigration and citizenship tab.
- click on the application tab.
- Type in your inquiries and click continue.
DISCLAIMER: Contact us on [email protected], The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Sismomex.com. Check our editorial policy